podcasts part 2

Another podcast for you to check out is from Demos's science and society people. This is a chat with Kathy Sykes, who is one of the relatively few people to have a full time, academic post in public engagement (you'll also recognise her from TV). I thought it was pretty interesting - but had appalling music...

And on podcasts in general...I have to admit the Demos one was one of the first I've listened to. Not having an iPod I have to occupy myself with my own thoughts on the tube rather than somebody else's, and I'm unconvinced that I'm missing out. I'm interested - do people really listen to these on a regular basis? I.e. are they as big as they're hyped to be? Is everyone around me on the tube really listening to chat about science rather than the Arctic Monkeys?

1 comment:

Alice said...

... I do (but I am a sad person). The digital planet one is obviously great*. That said, it is a "proper" radio show which has been made available as a podcast, rather than something produced as a podcast.

They all have terrible music - National Geographic especailly.

* it's presenter teaches in our group at Imperial.